Monday, April 26, 2010

Here's an example of a Good Man

Name of the Book: Pour Your Heart into It
Worth-the-price-tag-iness Score: 10/10
Follow-up with: Michael Gill's "How Starbucks Saved My Life"

My perception of CEO's is this--either he's on an ego trip that's (somehow) politically correct or he's that shy but studious guy in the corner who's life begins and ends with an excel spreadsheet. This is not the impression I get about this CEO of a major coffee business.... Yes, I'm talking about Howard Schultz and the omnipresent Starbucks! Here a young sales guy from NYC finds inspiration in coffee beans and earns a fortune. While reading I got a sense of Mr. Schultz's passion, his sincerity and his determination with taking Starbucks from a guy-next-door-owns-it store to a global mega-company (or like we Indians like to call it company-ka-baap hehe!)... Read it and that's an order!

No comments:

Post a Comment